7 Vaseline Hacks?! || Bust the Myth

photo from Raid My Closet



Welcome to our shell!!
Finally, my blog are getting real guys, applause.

Have you ever heard about those "50 Vaseline Beauty Hacks", "Vaseline hacks that you should try?" or "Vaseline hacks that worth knowing?". No? Ok cool. But if yes, then have you guys try it?

No again?
Ok.

But if yes, then you probably encountered this shit things. Also, if none of you have yet to try it, then please throw away your thought and considered to read my post first. This is like an honest review from me, to all of my readers. (<3)


1. Prevent Crow’s Feet, Fine Lines & Wrinkles
Apparently, you need to apply a small amount of Vaseline around the eyes before sleep. I love reading review and info about what am I going to wear, or what am I wearing right now in case I bought it because it was on sale (pardon me). Petroleum jelly actually contains harmful hydrocarbons, so it will sits as a barrier until it wears off. Our skin can't metabolize petroleum jelly, so why you should put it on your skin?


2. Get Thicker Looking Lashes
Apply it on your lashes and boom, you get that voluminous eyelashes. Well, I did try this, and yes you actually will have a longer and voluminous eyelashes. But the after effect? Your lashes will be falling out. I'm not joking okay, and I don't have hyperthyroid, or Alopecia Areata (i just searched it) or anything. Everyone was talking about how you should put it on your lashes line and it will help your lashes grow, and strengthen it. But no. Trust me. Oh, it didn't fall out like one or two. It falls until you can see the gaps between my eyelashes.....and at that time, I'm so embarrassed of myself.
I do have a secret about how I grow my eyelashes back, and I will tell you guys on my next post! (gotta get your views on my blog) (im so pathetic)


3. Get Thicker Eyebrows
Oh my God, I'm getting excited on writing this bust the myth thingy. So, all you have to do was apply Vaseline over the arches, and it'll be thicker. Bonus part, they won't move for the whole day. I did this too, but instead of trying to get a thicker eyebrows, I used it with my eyebrow powder to make it more easy to apply and slightly pigmented. Before this, my eyebrows are doing good even though it's not that thick. But after using Vaseline, when I removed my makeup, I could see the hair falling off.... and I don't even have that much hair..... :( 


4. Moisture Stays Longer Get Glowing & Crystal Clear Skin
To keep your moisturizer stay for the longer period throughout the day and you want your skin to shine, then you need to mix the moisturizer or face cream with a little amount of Vaseline.
Don't.
It contains hydrocarbons (1.4% dioxane), which can be classified as carcinogen. It creates a protective barriers for the skin to hold on the moisture. It blocks your pores (yes, don't fight me on this). And, it also promotes collagen breakdown.
So, again, don't.


5. No More Chapped Lips
Before anything else, I need to confess that I'm still using this tricks until now. Why? Because if I'm not using it, then my lips will be getting more chap, dryer and all.
All you have to do was applying it overnight, and wait until the next morning. So after you brushed your teeth and everything, wipes your lips with a clean towel and exfoliate the lips. But after trying it, and stopped for a day, it became dry. And the next day of not applying it, all I can feel was a dry skin, no lips. (ok metaphorically).
But yeah, love your lips guys. And don't be like me.
Fun fact: If I forgot to apply it the night before, I'll be on a very bad mood the next day.


6. Soothe the Fever
Place Vaseline inside the freezer for at least 5 minutes, and smooth it on the forehead.
Oh God.
Do they don't have a better thing to do other than making up this thing? Okay, common sense, the heat will be trapped inside??? Same goes to using cool fever??? Uhm???


7. Breast Tightening
As tempting as it is, I won't do this, and I won't let any of you girls, or guys, doing this. Please.


That's it I guess! I hope you guys like this post, and I'll try to do more I guess? I'm working on on my subscription lists and mails, sorry to keep you guys waiting. Do leave a comment if you encountered one of these, or have another bust the myth, or you just want to do the "I beg to differ" stuff.

Toodles!

Comments

Popular Posts