My skincare routine for combination skin (+ additional tips!)




Welcome to our shell!  (after a month) (finally) (wait was it two months)
I should be posting this after my final but laziness just get me so here we go.


Before I’m starting on this post, you should know what is your skin type. You can’t just grab anything because some reviewers tell you that it work like a charm... right? Also, not everyone have the same skin like you so some of the products might not be suitable and that means you might have to go slow on finding your soulmate skincare.

SKIN TYPE

Oily Skin
Indicators: Large, visible pores and a greasy sheen that develops quickly after you’ve cleansed.

Dry Skin
Indicators: Your skin is often itchy, flaky, or generally tight.

Sensitive Skin Indicators: Your skin is often red—especially after shaving or cleansing—and prone to irritation.

Normal Skin Indicators: An even skin tone with no flaking, redness, or sheen, and only the occasional breakout.

Combination Skin Indicators: An oily T-Zone (your forehead, nose, and chin) alongside drier skin on your cheeks.


This post will focus mainly on my skincare routines, which is for the combination skin buddies, but don’t worry! I’ll get you guys covered on my next posts.



MY LATEST SKINCARE ROUTINE

1.       Micellar cleansing water. (Morning&Night)
Morning or night routine, both start with removing dirt or makeup. For night routine, especially if you had your makeup on, wipe it off using cotton pad soak with the micellar cleansing water. For morning routine, eventhough you don’t wear makeup while sleeping, your oil will trapped some sort of dirt, so wipe it off. We don’t want any clogged pores.

I’m using:  Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water Pink (RM14.50/RM29.90)
Also:  (The blue one is for waterproof makeup but pink works as great so yea)




2.       Foam cleanser. (Night)
This will remove excess oil and it works great on deep cleanse your face (thanks to the little tiny bubbes). I’m using this at night only to remove excess dirt on my face, and of course, no clogged pores.

I’m using: Yadah Bubble Deep Cleanser (RM39.00)



3.       Gel cleanser. (Morning&Night)
(This might not be suitable for everyone, so you can choose to use foam cleanser or gel cleanser.)
After using the foam cleanser, I use gel cleanser as it kills acne-causing bacteria. During morning, I’ll use gel cleanser alone because there’s nothing much there. Same like foam cleanser, it will remove excess oil and provide deep cleansing. My face feels hydrated after double cleanse my face but if your skin tighten and feels squeaky clean then don’t do double cleanse. You shouldn’t over cleansing your face.

I’m using: Eversoft Coix Seed and Hyaluronic Acid Cleansing Gel (RM 18.90)



4.       Scrub. (Night)
I usually scrub around 3-4 times a week. If you’re new to exfoliating your skin then try 1-2 times a week first before going to 2-3 times a week. This will prevent breakout on your face.

I’m using: St Ives Green Tea Scrub (RM 24.90)



5.       Clay mask. (Night)
I’ll apply clay mask on my face for 2 times a week and followed by sheet mask. Double mask will do the trick for soft and healthy skin!

I’m using: Freeman Avocado + Oatmeal Clay Mask (RM 26.40)





6.       Toner. (Morning&Night)
Toner is the bridge of skincare. Always start your skincare routine with toner first! Remember, thin to thick.

I’m using: Skinfood Lettuce and Cucumber Watery Toner (usual toner)
                : Simple Soothing Facial Toner (when I’m doing my mask because it’s not sticky compare to skinfood one)

Also: I love doing  toner patch trick on your face to make your face stay hydrated and avoid from having a cakey makeup. I usually use this before putting on my makeup. Get three cotton and soak them with your toner (I always use Simple toner for this trick) and put it on both of your cheeks and forehead for 10 mins. Try it!





7.       Sheet mask. (Night)
Yes, toner before sheet mask. I’ll apply sheet mask on my face for 2 times a week after clay mask. Make sure to get all the essence onto your face and your neck!

I’m using: I think I kind of using tons of mask but I recommend Lip Hop Cheers Skin and Lip Hop Vitamin Collection masks. They’re insanely good.


8.       Face mist. (Morning&Night)
I don’t really like the feeling of having moisturizer on my face because of it think consistency so I skip that to face mist. Face mist will help balancing out your oil production and keep your skin feeling fresh. Bring this together anywhere and spray it to make your makeup look glowy and your skin feels fresh.

I’m using: Bio-essence Miracle Bio Water (RM 42.90/Twin pack)



9.       Eye patch. (Night)
This one, of course, to reduce eye puffiness, dark circle and wrinkles so put this on and feel young. (im 19 how younger i want to feel) (6?) Anyway, I’m writing this while wearing this eye patch so shout out to them for supporting my dark circle.

I’m using: Petitfee Gold Hydrogel Eye Patch (RM 40.00)



10.   Acne cream. (Night)
Optional. I’m doing this whenever I have some visible pimples. Don’t pop it, apply acne cream instead.

I’m using: Nixoderm (works wondeeeerrrr) (RM 6.30)



11.   Castor Oil. (Night)
Gotta give em eyebrows and eyelashes lovessss. I usually apply castor oil to strengthen them and make them look fuller at the morning (and longer) (refer to my latest post) (click here) (xoxo)

I’m using: Bloomixshop Pure Castor Oil

Also: Where to get them? 
For 150ml, RM22 while for 10ml with mascara wand and bottle, RM12. (exc postage)
Postage RM8(WM)/RM12(EM)
DM me on Twitter, Instagram, or just directly whatsapp me.
Twitter: @jzlnfrsh
Instagram: @jazlinfarisha
Whatsapp: http://theorganicshelle.wasap.my




12.   Lip balm. (Night)
Apply lip balm to avoid crusty lips ladies.

I’m using: Vaselline (RM 4.90)

Also: I know I wrote about how bad Vaselline are for you, but for now, I don’t find any good lip balm that work well on me.





And that’s literally it for my skincare routine. Quite long, I know. Feel free to ask any question, okay? I’m doing my best to help you girls (and guys) out there.


ADDITIONAL TIPS

Type of cleanser suitable for each skin:

1.       Gel cleanser (Oily and Combination)
a.       For deep cleansing
b.      Remove excess oil
c.       Kill acne-causing bacteria

2.       Cream cleanser (Dry and Sensitive)
a.       Cleanse without stripping natural oils.

3.       Foam cleanser (Oily and Sensitive)
a.       Remove excess oil

4.       Oil cleanser (Most skin)
a.       Gentle way of removing pore-clogging debris without drying your skin

5.       Clay cleanser (Oily and Combination)
a.       Draw out excess oil and toxins


Thank you for reading, and I really hope that this will help any of you. Toodles.



Comments

Popular Posts