Food hunt: Artaste Cafe, Kota Bharu



[Update 6/9/20: I think Artaste cafe had been closed down]

I've been wanting to do a food-hunting (or cafe-hunting bcs i only do indie cafe) since I'm here in Kelantan! I know my parents from Kelantan but you know how hard it is to ask them to go Aeon mall? Very.....but I'm not complaining. I'm not sure how should I start this because I'm in my own dilemma to use English or Malay in this post, and I'm deciding to keep it with English.

Artaste Cafe is a western cafe that you should try when you're here in Kota Bharu, or near them. It's beside KB Mall, so don't worry, you won't lost on your way here. The first time I found this cafe is when I searched for any small coffee shop that I can hang out with my friend. There's two cafe that I thought of going, but the other one was more to pasta so I decided not to.

The environment are calm, and not crowded. You can choose to sit inside the air conditioner room or outside (still inside the cafe idk how to explain), but do go inside because it feels very comfortable. The first time I went there, I sat outside because I thought you need to book to sit there....what a shame

I forgot to take the picture of the menu, which I'm very sorry, but it's kind of worth it for the price. The crispy chicken chop is around RM15-18 depending on how you want it to be served. Nothing in the menu exceeding RM20 if I'm not mistaken.

i got a new blusher!!
Cheesy Crispy Chicken Chop + Free Drinks! (RM16.50)

I actually ordered Salted Egg Chicken Chop, but they mistook my order and sent the cheesy one, though after that they told there's no Salted Egg Chicken Chop and asked me if I'm okay with it. It looks good, so of course I'm okay. I like the crispiness! It's different from your ordinary chicken chop, and very worth it. The picture was around September, and the latest one served in a larger portion than before. I can't comment much on the Cheesy Crispy Chicken Chop because it just mainly cheese, and mayo. This one is the safest order to choose if you're afraid to try something new.

There's a free drink promo if you bought the crispy chicken chop set, and you can have either peppermint tea or earl grey tea. Don't choose peppermint tea, it taste like peppermint candy....(obviously)

The below one is Salted Egg Chicken Chop
 Extra coleslaw and more fries! Before this you actually can choose a variety type of tea for the free drinks promo, but hey, nothing free last long. The only difference between the Crispy Chicken Chop set is really just the sauces. For all the salted egg yolk loverrrr, y'all should try thisss!

There's more side dishes to choose, but my suggestion is to order the main dish first, then if you're still hungry, order more. It might just be me, (or my friends), but you won't even finish it. Sedap lah, tapi muak.



This is how it look inside the room, so take the air-cond room for a good ig feed! I'm sorry I didn't took much pictures to show it to you guys, I didn't think of making this post.

We asked for the staff to take the picture (i think it's the owner though)
I went with my roommates here for the second time, and I think the liked it. Missing the other one though (we have four students in a room here).

So final rate!

Serving: 4.5/5
It do look the same from the menu, less 0.5 because the first time order is a bit unappealing. A bit.

Taste: 4/5
It tasted good, I admit, but the skin/crispiness make me queasy. Its sad when you can't finish your own food. And the peppermint tea.......warn us sis

Price: 5/5
I mean...it's worth it lah

Service: 5/5
Nothing's wrong, they're nice. Though wrong order was given the first time but people make mistakes so no worriess

Food service: 3/5
It took a lot of time for us to wait for the order, even though they're literally just us there. I mean, if there's a lot of people I will consider it, but we're the only customer there. Not sure how long will we wait if the place is full.

View: 5/5
Aesthetic. Clean. Love the place.

Overall: 4.4/5

Revisit?: Of course, need to try the salted egg prawn pasta next.


Artaste Cafe's address:
No. 3486 E&F, Jalan Sultan Ibrahim, 15050 Kota Bharu, Kelantan.
Or you can just search "Artaste Cafe" on waze or grab.
Facebook: Artaste Cafe

My social media: 
Twitter: @linashelle
Instagram: @linashelle
Youtube: linashelle

Comments

  1. the place was soo comfy..but it seem like this place was quite unpopular so guys you should try this out

    ReplyDelete
  2. just landed kat tempat penginapan salam suites. .. gonna hunt for cafe kat kota bharu utk try nie .. hehe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts