updated skincare routine (+with prices and researches!!)




Hello everyone, and welcome to my first post after i finished my first year degree! I should be writing this post long time before, but I'm enjoying my sem break (and my laptop isn't in a good condition) so that's why.

This has been requested before and I just got my mood on to continue blogging so here we go!





Degree life is stressful when you keep on procrastinating, so I get pimples a lot on my forehead and cheeks. When my skin condition aren't good (read: break out), I won't take any selfies or be in any picture so I can't show you guys how it was before :( I can only show my current skin condition :(


so this is my skin after toner
(no moisturiser bcs this is before im taking my grab food order)

this is mine with makeup
(im only wear compact power, no foundation)

I did post my own skincare routine last year, and it was kind of very extra? Plus I'm working at that time, so I have tons of cash on my hand. Being a student, I need to save a lot especially on food so I tend to not use that much skincare.

Even though I skip a lot of steps, I do noticed that my skin are better than before. (I know right, amazing.) The quantity doesn't matter, but your technique is. With that being said, I'm starting my skincare routine lists.


First and foremost, of course, facial wash. Before this, I wear Hada Labo Deep Clean and Pore Refining Face Wash because I tend to get lazy on removing my makeup using micellar water (and it was on sell for around RM10 hehe). I don't think I suit that facial wash because I noticed there's some tiny bumps on my skin, so I changed back to my previous facial wash, Eversoft.

1. Facial wash: Eversoft Coix Seed & Hyaluronic Acid Cleansing Gel (RM 15.90 during sells/RM18.70 if not)


source: google

60-seconds-rule is an important method! Wash your face for 60 seconds because the cleanser needs to settle down first and dissolves the sebum for deep cleansing. It's more effective than 10 seconds method of course. This cleansing method really changed my skin and you can see improvement in a week. Try it! (this is one of the step that save my skin) (do it fr)

Instead of using foaming cleanser, I changed it to cleansing gel. Cleansing gel will leave your skin hydrated, so it's suitable for normal of combination-to-dry skin type. Those with dry and sensitive skin can use this type of cleanser too as it will hydrates your skin. For combination to oily and acne prone skin, you should stick to foaming cleanser as it will deep cleanse and remove any extra oil.

Coix seed is a natural botanical agent that will keep your skin hydrated and smooth while hyaluronic acid or HA will locks in moisture for a lasting hydration to preserve suppleness, softness, smoothness and brightness of the skin. I used this cleanser for a while now because I think it improve my skin's moisture.

2. Toner : Aiken Tea Tree Oil Toner (RM 8.33 during sales/ RM9.80 if not)


source: google

This one....I'm not going to recommend this to anyone....but I'm blessed with a skin that doesn't break out with Tea tree oil, so....yes..

I tried this one because I saw a tweet saying Tea tree oil works on preventing acne, and Aiken is one of the product that their dermatologist recommended. But after I bought it, I saw another tweet saying Tea tree oil induced acne....im in confusion

SOOO, from my own view, I think it's depend on your own skin. Our skin reacts differently from one product. For me, I'm okay with this toner but I'm going to change to Simple's toner again soon. It does me a favor by making my face looks clearer (and fresher), but Simple's toner is a good toner for bridging your skincare. Oh, had I mentioned that toner is important for the bridge of your skincare?

I can skip everything but toner. Some people said toner is not that much important, but for me, please have a toner to restore you skin pH's balance after cleansing.

3. Moisturiser: Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer (RM 17.64 during sales/ RM20.75 if not)


source: google

Hydration is the key!

I love Simple because of the ingredients, and I love their moisturiser because your face won't be that sticky...ya know?

I have a combination to dry skin, so it's nice to have a light moisturizer instead. Those with oily skin type should use this moisturiser! But for dry and sensitive skin type, I suggest you to try any gel or cream type moisturiser.

4. Sunscreen: Banana Boat Protect & Hydrate (RM41.99 during sales/ RM 49.40 if not)


source: google


Downside of this product is, it contains fragrance and Oxybenzone. Oxybenzone is an organic chemical that used in suncreens to filter UV rays but it is a penetration enhancer. A possible carcinogen. I know, I'm sorry I'll find a better option next time. I'll try Kiehl's Oxybenzone free sunscreen next after I finished this sunscreen.

If you exposed this sunscreen to heat, make sure to leave it cool down first or you'll damage your screen like I did before.

Biore UV Perfect Block Milk Moisture is drying, so I hope those with combination to dry and sensitive skin didn't try that out.

5. Mask: Any mask possible (random prices but usually RM3-10 for one) (RM4-6 is already fine, above that is kinda pricey)

I rarely wear mask now because I need to keep track on my budget but if my face looks dull, I'll go to my nearest drug store and buy some mask to treat myself.

6. Make up remover: Garnier Micellar Water in Pink (RM26.90 during sales/ RM29.89 if not)


source: google



I used this everytime before I'm washing my face, whether I'm wearing make up or not. It's important to do a double cleansing method to ensure your face is as clean as possible. This also the method that improves my skin!


Soooo, recap on what makes my skin feels smoother and better than before:

- Double cleansing method
- 60-seconds-rule cleansing method
- Toner everytime after cleansing your face
- Stay hydrated (yes, this is meant for you and your skin)

My face are acne free currently after I tried out these new (not so new) steps, but if there's any acne at specific place, I'll google what's the reason of it and tried my best to correct it.


Source: skincarebyalana

That's all for this post. I'll post more frequently next time, so don't miss that out. Toodles.

Check out my previous skincare routine post: My skincare routine for combination skin (+ additional tips!)



My social media: 
Twitter: @linashelle
Instagram: @linashelle
Youtube: linashelle

Comments

  1. Wow, The blog looks great. Thanks for sharing the information with us. You can also visit hauteher skin care tips for ladies

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts